2021 premium holiday
for medical PPO, HDHP and HDHP basic plans
learn about the premium holiday
If you're enrolled in the Chevron Medical PPO, the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) or the High Deductible Health Plan Basic (HDHP Basic), learn more about what to expect during the 2021 premium holiday.
what are the premium costs after the holiday is over?
The BenefitConnect website will display a $0 rate for all medical plans affected by the premium holiday. If you need to see the medical coverage rates that apply after the premium holiday ends, we’ve provided them here.
Chevron will suspend the monthly premium for employees enrolled in the Chevron Medical PPO, the Chevron High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and the Chevron High Deductible Health Plan Basic (HDHP Basic) who currently have premiums taken from their pay from May through September 2021. This means that the cost for medical coverage under these plans will be $0 during this premium holiday period.
If you are an eligible employee enrolled in a Chevron medical plan, you and Chevron share the monthly cost of coverage – the premium – for your plans. Our premium cost is determined, in part, by health claim expenses incurred by the plans in the previous year. For the Medical PPO, HDHP and HDHP Basic, we’ve determined that expenses have been better than projected, resulting in a surplus of funding at this time. For this reason, Chevron is temporarily suspending monthly premiums as we bring these plans’ funding back into balance.
get the details
The premium holiday applies to you if you are enrolled the Medical PPO, HDHP and HDHP Basic plans. The premium holiday is automatic, so there’s nothing you need to do. However, here’s what you can expect during this period.
- You will not have to pay for your medical coverage during the premium holiday.
- The premium holiday period is May through September 2021.
- The premium holiday applies to all coverage levels, from You Only through You + Family.
- Your original 2021 premium rate for these plans will be reinstated for the month of October and continue through December 2021.
- The premium holiday only affects your monthly premium cost. Deductibles, coinsurance, copayments and other out-of-pocket costs will not change and remain your responsibility.
- You should know that the starting and stopping of a premium holiday is not considered a qualifying life event. This means that you cannot change your 2021 medical coverage just because the premium holiday begins or ends.
- The premium holiday applies to pre-65 retiree participants of the Medical PPO Plan, the HDHP and the HDHP Basic.
- The premium holiday does not apply to Medical HMOs, the dental plans, the Global Choice plans or any other Chevron benefit plans.
- The premium holiday does not apply to COBRA coverage for the Medical PPO, HDHP or HDHP Basic.
During the premium holiday, if you are enrolled in the Medical PPO, HDHP or HDHP Basic:
- You will not see a line item deduction on your pay statement for your medical premium.
- If you are eligible for the Wellness Credit, you will not see a line item for the Wellness Credit.
- If you are subject to the additional after-tax and imputed income deductions for medical coverage for a domestic partner, this deduction will not be taken during the premium holiday.
|Pay schedule||What to expect|
|Employees paid on a bi-monthly schedule||
|Employees paid on a bi-weekly schedule||
- You will continue to see your enrollment in the Medical PPO, HDHP or HDHP Basic, but the cost will appear as $0.
- Your eligibility for the Wellness Credit will continue to accurately display, but the credit will appear as $0.
- When the premium holiday ends, all medical premium cost and Wellness Credit displays will return to normal.
If any of the situations identified below apply to you, there are some additional considerations you should be aware of and resources you may need during the premium holiday.
- The premium holiday does not apply to Medical PPO, HDHP, or HDHP Basic COBRA coverage.
- The premium holiday does not apply to post-65 medical coverage.
If you are on an unpaid leave of absence and are currently enrolled in and paying premiums for the Medical PPO Plan, the HDHP and the HDHP Basic through direct billing, the premium holiday will affect you as follows:
|Payment method||What to expect|
|For direct debit payments through AutoPay||
|For mailed paper billing invoice payments||
Call the HR Service Center at 1-888-825-5247 if you have additional questions about the premium holiday.
This web page provides only certain highlights about changes of benefit provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. There are no vested rights with respect to Chevron health care plans or any company contributions towards the cost of such health care plans. Rather, Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union-represented employees.