marriage or domestic partnership
changing your benefits
You have 31 days from the date of your marriage or domestic partnership to change your benefits. If you miss this deadline, you must wait until the next annual open enrollment period.
- Login to the BenefitConnect website. Locate the Initiate a Qualified Life Event banner on the home page to get started.
- Or call the HR Service Center.
Employees are required to verify the eligibility of any new dependents you intend to enroll in your Chevron health plans. If you enroll your dependent(s) in health coverage during your 31-day deadline, you have up to 60 days to obtain and submit requested documentation that verifies your dependent(s) are eligible to participate in Chevron’s health benefits. If you don’t provide acceptable documentation by the deadline, your dependent(s) will be disenrolled from coverage. Dependent verification will be required if you enroll dependent(s) in any of the following health benefits:
- Vision Plus Program
After you submit your documentation, a statement confirming your dependent’s eligibility to participate will be sent to you.
- If additional information is required, you’ll be notified.
- If your dependent is not eligible to participate, the dependent will be disenrolled from the plan at the end of the month in which you receive notification.
- If the 60-day deadline to submit the documentation expires and the HR Service Center has received no documentation or insufficient documentation, then the dependent will be disenrolled from the plan at the end of the month in which the 60-day deadline occurs.
If your dependent is disenrolled from coverage, you are still allowed to re-enroll your dependent(s) again at the next open enrollment period or with 31-days of a qualifying life event, but you’ll be required to follow the dependent verification process again at that time.
For more information:
- Get important details and instructions about the dependent verification process.
- Update your beneficiary designations for your Chevron benefit plans.
- Update emergency contact information.
- Update federal withholding (intranet access only).
- Update state withholding, if applicable (intranet access only).
- Update paycheck direct deposit bank account, if necessary (intranet access only).
- Update your direct deposit bank account for expense report reimbursements on the Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX) website (intranet access only).
- Contact the HR Service Center if your name is changed.
U.S. non-immigrant visa holders
This web page provides only certain highlights about changes of benefit provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. Oral statements about plan benefits are not binding on Chevron or the applicable plan. There are no vested rights with respect to Chevron health care plans or any company contributions towards the cost of such health care plans. Rather, Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union-represented employees.
Here's where to get phone numbers and websites for all your benefits.
Looking for employment verification?