will preparation service chevron supplemental life insurance
If you’re enrolled in the Chevron Supplemental Life Insurance Plan, you have access – at no additional cost – to Will Preparation1.
How do I know if I'm enrolled in the Supplemental Life Insurance Plan?
The Supplemental Life Insurance Plan is a voluntary plan. You must enroll to be covered and to use the Will Preparation service. To see if you are enrolled in this plan, log on to the BenefitConnect website to view your current coverage or call the HR Service Center.
I'm not enrolled in the Chevron Supplemental Life Insurance Plan. Can I enroll?
If you are eligible to participate in the Supplemental Life Insurance Plan, you can generally enroll at any time. However, be aware that you may be required to provide proof of good health before you are covered. To enroll, log on to the BenefitConnect website or call the HR Service Center.
It's simple to use Will Preparation. If you're eligible to participate, access the service by contacting Hyatt Legal Plans directly by phone to speak with a client service representative. The representative will:
- Ask you to provide your Company name (Chevron), Group Number (104645), and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Help you locate a participating plan attorney in your area.
- Provide you with a case number to give to the attorney you choose.
- Answer any questions you have.
Then, you contact the attorney's office and make an appointment at a time convenient for you.
will prep service
- Plan Type Service included with life insurance offering
- Eligibility U.S. Payroll Employees enrolled in the Chevron Supplemental Life Insurance Plan (SLIP). Verify SLIP coverage on BenefitConnect or call the HR Service Center
- Enrollment Coverage is automatic if enrolled the Chevron Supplemental Life Insurance Plan (SLIP). To enroll in SLIP access BenefitConnect or call the HR Service Center
- To Participate To participate in services, contact Hyatt Legal and provide the Company name (Chevron) and Group Number (104645).
- Administrator Hyatt Legal Plans, a MetLife company
- Phone (Inside the U.S.) 1-800-821-6400
- Phone (Outside the U.S.) 216-535-4395
1 Will Preparation Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, legal services benefits are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. In New York, the Will Preparation service is an expanded offering that includes office consultations and telephone advice for certain other legal matters beyond Will Preparation.
2 If you chose a non-network attorney, you will be responsible for any attorneys' fees that exceed the reimbursed amount.
This communication provides only certain highlights about changes of benefit provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. Oral statements about plan benefits are not binding on Chevron or the applicable plan. Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Unless required by applicable law, there are no vested rights with respect to any Chevron health and welfare plan benefit or to any company contributions towards the cost of such health and welfare plan benefits. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union-represented employees.