financial and estate planning
Financial and estate planning resources are available to help you plan for your future and for your loved ones after you’re gone. Fidelity can assist with your financial planning needs. When it comes to your estate, it’s important to have a will or living trust and designate beneficiaries to receive certain benefits upon your death. If you participate in the Supplemental Life Insurance Plan, you have access to free Will Preparation Service.
You may also want to consider:
- Supplemental Life Insurance to provide financially for your family upon your death.
- Long-term disability coverage to replace a portion of your income if you can’t work due to illness or injury.
- Long term care insurance to help pay for care received at home or in a nursing facility if you can no longer perform everyday activities.
- Discounted funeral planning services for you and your family.
- Grief counseling services for you and your family members.
- Financial counseling services for you if you're terminally ill, or for your surviving spouse/domestic partner or other beneficiary (if you don't have a spouse or domestic partner) if you die.
be aware of financial planning telemarketers
Financial planning firms may contact you to offer financial planning advice or services. Many of these companies advertise seminars and claim to work with Chevron employees or have knowledge about our retirement plans. Chevron has relationships with only a few financial planning firms, including Fidelity and those that provide services as part of the Financial Counseling Program (intranet only) for the Executive Plans. We do not endorse any others.
If you receive unsolicited emails, phone calls or social media advertisements from other financial planning firms, it is your choice to meet with them to discuss your personal finances or attend their seminars. However, you should be aware that they are not associated with Chevron and we have not provided them with any information about you or our plans.