diabetes prevention program
are you at risk for type 2 diabetes?
Find out if you're at risk for type 2 diabetes and get help building lasting, healthy habits.
take the risk screener
learn about the program
The Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program, administered by the third-party provider Omada Health (Omada), is an online behavioral modification and digital care program designed to help individuals at risk for type 2 diabetes make gradual changes to the way they eat, move, sleep and manage stress. This program is provided at no cost to you as part of your Chevron health and wellness benefit program.
how it works
If you are an eligible employee and interested in the Omada program, the first step is to take the confidential online risk screener that asks a few questions about height, weight, and health conditions. The screener is used to identify if you might be at high risk for developing diabetes. If you are considered at high risk for diabetes, you are able to complete an application to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program.
You’ll receive the results instantly after completing the risk screener. If the results indicate you may be at risk for type 2 diabetes, you will then be able to complete a brief online application that typically takes less than 10 minutes. This online application provides Omada with more information about your health history to determine if any of the program’s exclusion criteria applies to you.
In 1-2 days you’ll receive an email from email@example.com with information regarding your application. If you haven’t received an email notification after a couple of days, be sure to check your inbox and spam folder for the message. If at any point in the process you have questions about the status of your application, you can email or call Omada for assistance.
If Omada accepts your application, the email will provide instructions for setting up your Omada account online so you can begin to participate in the program.
- You can set up your account on your own time. There is no strict deadline, but the sooner you set up, the sooner you can start.
- Within 1-2 weeks of completing account setup, you will receive a welcome kit in the mail that includes your wireless scale.
- The program kicks off each Sunday. Kickoff entails an introductory online message from your coach, the first lesson is unlocked, and access to the group message board is opened. Please be advised that Omada may choose not to kick off a new group of participants on the Sundays before or after major U.S. holidays when those holidays may interfere significantly with shipping or group momentum.
Once you’ve set up your account and your participation has been kicked off, Omada will guide you through the program, which can typically last a year – or more – if necessary. The program starts with a core 16-week Foundations phase, organized into four areas:
- Changing Food Habits
- Increasing Activity Levels
- Preparing for Challenges
- Reinforcing Healthy Choices
You’ll then enter the Focus phase for the remainder of the first year (and thereafter, if applicable) to continue building healthy habits. All the tools that are provided by Omada during the program are meant for you to keep.
The one-minute, confidential online risk screener asks a few questions about height, weight, and health conditions. The screener is used to identify if you might be at high risk for developing diabetes.
You will receive a ready-to-use wireless scale in the mail, already synced so that you can confidentially share your weight with your health coach and track your weight loss progress.
support on your journey
You'll receive support from additional, included services such as a professional health coach, a small peer group for real-time support, weekly online lessons and interactive activities.
who's eligible to participate
The following Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program eligibility requirements provide access to only the initial, Omada confidential online risk screener:
- You must be a current U.S.-payroll employee who is eligible to participate in Chevron's health plans.
- You are not required to be enrolled in a Chevron-sponsored medical plan; you just need to be eligible to participate in such plans, if desired.
- You must be age 18 years or older.
- Your dependents - spouse, domestic partner, children – are not eligible to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program (unless they are also eligible employees of Chevron).
- U.S.-payroll employees on an expatriate assignment are not able to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program.
- The Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program is not available to retirees.
- The results of your confidential online risk screener indicate you meet current at risk clinical eligibility criteria as defined by Omada. See Clinical Eligibility Criteria for further details.
- You complete the subsequent online application from Omada and, after further clinical review, Omada accepts your application.
- If any of the clinical exclusions - as defined by Omada - apply to you, you are not eligible to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program.
- You must be obese (BMI greater than or equal to 30).
- You must be overweight* with one or more risk factors: prediabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, tobacco use.
diabetes prevention program
- Plan Type Wellness program
- Eligibility U.S. Payroll Employees
- Administrator Omada Health (Omada)
- Group Number N/A
- Phone (Inside U.S.) 1-888-409-8687
- Phone (Outside U.S.) N/A
- Website www.omadahealth.com/chevron
- Mobile App N/A
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claim Form N/A
- Address N/A
This web page provides only certain highlights about changes of benefit provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. There are no vested rights with respect to Chevron health care plans or any company contributions towards the cost of such health care plans. Rather, Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union-represented employees.