diabetes prevention program
are you at risk?
All eligible employees are invited to take the initial confidential online risk screener to assess your risk for type 2 diabetes. Only employees that meet certain clinical eligibility criteria will be eligible to enroll in the program and make use of the full resources and services offered by Omada. It only takes a few minutes to see if you're at risk. Take the screener now.
how it works
If Omada accepts your application, the email will provide instructions for setting up your Omada account online so you can begin to participate in the program.
- You can set up your account on your own time. There is no strict deadline, but the sooner you set up, the sooner you can start.
- Within 1-2 weeks of completing account setup, you will receive a welcome kit in the mail that includes your wireless scale.
- The program kicks off each Sunday. Kickoff entails an introductory online message from your coach, the first lesson is unlocked, and access to the group message board is opened. Please be advised that Omada may choose not to kick off a new group of participants on the Sundays before or after major U.S. holidays when those holidays may interfere significantly with shipping or group momentum.
Once you’ve set up your account and your participation has been kicked off, Omada will guide you through the program, which can typically last a year – or more – if necessary. The program starts with a core 16-week Foundations phase, organized into four areas:
- Changing Food Habits
- Increasing Activity Levels
- Preparing for Challenges
- Reinforcing Healthy Choices
You’ll then enter the Focus phase for the remainder of the first year (and thereafter, if applicable) to continue building healthy habits. All the tools that are provided by Omada during the program are meant for you to keep.
You will receive a ready-to-use wireless scale in the mail, already synced so that you can confidentially share your weight with your health coach and track your weight loss progress.
support on your journey
You'll receive support from additional, included services such as a professional health coach, a small peer group for real-time support, weekly online lessons and interactive activities.
who's eligible to participate
The following Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program eligibility requirements provide access to only the initial, Omada confidential online risk screener:
- You must be a current U.S.-payroll employee who is eligible to participate in Chevron's health plans.
- You are not required to be enrolled in a Chevron-sponsored medical plan; you just need to be eligible to participate in such plans, if desired.
- You must be age 18 years or older.
- Your dependents – spouse, domestic partner, children – are not eligible to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program (unless they are also eligible employees of Chevron).
- U.S.-payroll employees on an expatriate assignment are not able to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program.
- The Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program is not available to retirees.
In addition to the above, you must also satisfy the following clinical eligibility requirements to be able to enroll in and participate in the program, which includes a professional health coach, a wireless scale and associated tracking technology, online lessons, and peer group support.
- The results of your confidential online risk screener indicate you meet current at risk clinical eligibility criteria as defined by Omada. See Clinical Eligibility Criteria for further details.
- You complete the subsequent online application from Omada and, after further clinical review, Omada accepts your application.
- If any of the clinical exclusions – as defined by Omada – apply to you, you are not eligible to participate in the Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program.
Omada must approve your application for you to participate in the program, and you must meet either one of the following criteria defined and managed by Omada:
- You must be obese (BMI greater than or equal to 30).
- You must be overweight* with one or more risk factors: prediabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, tobacco use.
*Overweight means BMI greater than or equal to 25 (greater than or equal to 23 if of Asian descent.)
If Omada, in its sole discretion, believes that the circumstances of a your enrollment in the Diabetes Prevention Program may put your health or safety at risk (including any instances where you consistently fail to follow the recommendations of Omada), Omada may deny your application or remove you from enrollment in the Diabetes Prevention Program. The clinical eligibility criteria may be amended or modified from time to time by Omada, in its sole discretion.
The Chevron Diabetes Prevention Program is a digital lifestyle change program designed to help individuals at risk for type 2 diabetes make gradual changes to the way they eat, move, sleep and manage stress. This program is provided at no cost to you as part of your Chevron health and wellness benefit program.
diabetes prevention program
- Plan Type Wellness program
- Eligibility U.S. Payroll Employees
- Enrollment Coverage automatic, if eligible. To participate, go to the Omada website and take the online risk screener to see if you meet the clinical requirements to start the program.
- Administrator Omada Health (Omada)
- Phone 1-888-409-8687
- Website www.omadahealth.com/chevron
- Mobile App Omada on Google Play or iTunes
- Email email@example.com
This communication provides only certain highlights about changes of benefit provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and the legal plan documents, the legal plan documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. Oral statements about plan benefits are not binding on Chevron or the applicable plan. Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Unless required by applicable law, there are no vested rights with respect to any Chevron health and welfare plan benefit or to any company contributions towards the cost of such health and welfare plan benefits. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union-represented employees.