long term care insurance
You can apply for this coverage at any time at www.genworth.com/chevron or by calling 1-800-416-3624.
Long term care insurance is designed to help you pay for long term care services received at home or in a nursing facility in the event you or a family member can no longer perform everyday activities such as eating, bathing, toileting or dressing. Although most people associate long term care with their later years, it's important to know that the need for long term care can happen at any time and at any age as the result of an unexpected illness or accident. The costs of these types of services are expensive and often can exhaust financial savings.
Genworth Life Insurance Company (Genworth) has been selected to offer long term care insurance coverage to qualifying eligible employees, retirees and qualifying eligible family members.
Genworth Life Insurance Company (Genworth) will offer new long-term care insurance coverage under the Chevron Corporation Long Term Care Insurance Plan for New Entrants on and After October 14, 2019 (the LTC Plan) to qualifying eligible employees, eligible retirees and their qualifying eligible family members. This Group Long Term Care Insurance is available under Group Policy Number 20803 policy form series 7053, underwritten by Genworth Life Insurance Company.
The LTC Plan provides a safety net to help you afford long term care if you experience the need for care. With this insurance coverage, you decide the level of coverage you wish to purchase.
- The coverage includes a monthly maximum benefit and a lifetime maximum benefit.
- The cost of this coverage depends on the coverage level you choose, including your age, when you apply.
- This coverage is portable, so if you retire or leave Chevron, your coverage continues if you continue to timely pay the premiums.
The LTC Plan covers a wide range of services so that you can choose the care that is best for you. A description of the kinds of services covered – and not covered – are included in the Certificate of Coverage you’ll receive from Genworth. Coverage typically includes services such as:
- Nursing home
- Assisted-living facility
- Inpatient hospice care
- At-home hospice care
- Home care
- Adult day care
- Respite care
- And more...
To qualify for Long-Term Care benefits, Genworth must authorize benefits, and a waiting period must be satisfied. Contact Genworth directly if you have specific questions regarding coverage under the LTC Plan.
eligible employees and retirees
Eligible applicants include:
- Active full-time employees who are working a regular work schedule of 40 or more hours per week.
- Part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week if such schedule is an approved part-time work schedule under the Corporation’s part-time employment guidelines.
- Retirees age 75 and under.
eligible family members
Family members of eligible employees and eligible retirees can also apply for coverage if they are between the ages of 18 and 75. An eligible family member may enroll in the LTC Plan even if the eligible employee or eligible retiree does not enroll in the LTC Plan. If approved, these applicants will also receive the special group rates.
Eligible family members include:
- Spouses or domestic partners
- Parents, stepparents and parents-in-law
- Grandparents, step grandparents and grandparents-in-law
- Adult children, stepchildren and adopted children
- Siblings, stepsiblings, siblings-in-law
Please note, this program is not available to Vermont residents. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens, have a valid social security number or tax identification number, and maintain a permanent U.S. resident and mailing address.
*Spouse includes a person to whom you are joined by marriage or a legal relationship recognized by state law.
Proof of good health – also called medical underwriting – is generally required, as follows.
modified guaranteed issue comprehensive application
Applicants who are eligible for a reduced medical underwriting will be required to complete a Modified Guaranteed Issue Comprehensive application. This application includes two health questions, plus your height and weight. The following applicants are eligible for the Modified Guaranteed Issue Comprehensive application:
- Active full-time employees age 65 and under who apply within 90-days of hire or otherwise first becoming eligible.
full medical underwriting
When full medical underwriting is required, applicants will be required to complete a health questionnaire and Genworth may request medical records, a phone health interview and/or a paramedical exam. The following applicants will require full medical underwriting:
- Eligible active full-time employees age 65 and under who have missed their 90-day enrollment window upon hire or otherwise first becoming eligible.
- Eligible active full-time employees age 66 and over, regardless of when you apply.
- Eligible part-time employees, regardless of age or when you apply.
- Eligible retirees, regardless of age or when you apply.
- Eligible family members, regardless of age or when they apply.
If you want to participate in the LTC Plan with Genworth, you must submit an enrollment application.
You can apply for this coverage at any time as long as you are eligible to participate.
- If you apply for Chevron LTC Plan coverage, your application will be reviewed by Genworth. If approved, you’ll be covered under the LTC Plan with Genworth with coverage effective the first of the month following the month in which your application is approved by Genworth.
- You must be actively at work on your effective date of coverage. If you are not at work on your scheduled effective date, your coverage effective date will be deferred until the first of the month of which you are actively at work and have been actively at work for the prior 30 calendar day period.
- Participation in this plan is optional.
- If you choose to enroll, it's your responsibility to timely pay the full cost of coverage. Chevron does not contribute.
- Payroll deduction is not currently available for this plan. You'll pay your premiums directly to Genworth.