A beneficiary is a person or trust that you designate to receive certain benefits upon your death. Just as it’s important to have an estate plan to distribute your property and financial assets, it’s also important to designate beneficiaries for your Chevron benefits. You may already have beneficiaries on file, but have you reviewed them recently to be sure they’re still accurate? It’s a good idea to review your beneficiaries at least once a year. However, you should also review and update whenever you:
- Experience a major life event such as a birth, marriage, dissolution of marriage or domestic partnership, or death in the family.
- Update your will or estate plan.
- Rollover a 401(k) or Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Please note that you may not be participating in or be eligible for all the Chevron plans and programs discussed on this page.
If you are eligible for and choose to open and contribute to the BenefitWallet health savings account (HSA) with payroll deductions, you must designate your beneficiaries directly with BenefitWallet.
Download and complete the Beneficiary Change form available on the www.mybenefitwalletsite.com/chevron website.
Contact BenefitWallet at 1-855-234-7722 for assistance with designating a beneficiary for your HSA.
If you participate in any of the Chevron U.S. benefit programs listed below, you can designate beneficiaries for each applicable plan.
- Pension plans
- Employee Savings Investment Plan (ESIP) and other retirement savings plans
- Life insurance plans
- Accident insurance plans
- Executive compensation plans and programs (if applicable)
Online beneficiary updates can be made on the BenefitConnect website.
Call the HR Service Center to make beneficiary designations by phone.