back-up child care
emergency child care program in houston and san ramon
Houston back-up child care
Chevron employees have access to back up child care through Bright Horizons for employees working and visiting the Houston or San Ramon areas. If you are called out of town on business, your full-time day care center is closed due to bad weather, or your primary caregiver is sick, back-up child care may be one option to consider. The number of Chevron membership was increased this year. However, please note that due to high demand from Chevron parents, space is limited and back-up child care should be one of several resources in your back-up child care plans. High demand days are during the winter break, spring break, Martin Luther King, Jr. and President's Day holidays.
2603 Camino Ramon
Bishop Ranch 3, Suite 150
San Ramon, CA 94583
- Days of operation: Monday - Friday Hours: 7:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Ages served: 6 weeks to 5 years (very limited infant care is available for back-up care)
- Cost: $20 co-payment per day for one child; $30/day for the family (check or money order only-no cash)
You can reserve care online.
1001 McKinney #170 (at the corner of Walker and Fannin)
- Days of operation: Monday - Friday
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (pick up by 5:45 p.m.). Note: Effective May, 2015, the center now opens at 7:30.
- Ages Served: Six weeks - 12 years. Infant care is very limited. Back-up child care is more available for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Maximum number of visits per child is 15, space permitting.
- Cost: $20 co-payment per day for one child; $30/day for the family (check or money order only - no cash)
If you already have an account, go to https://register.brighthorizons.com and log in using your existing account name and password.
To create a new account, please contact Sara Kashima for the login details.
Contact a Bright Horizons center directly or call 866-273-2773 (toll free). In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, requests for extra back-up care days are reserved for business critical employees who are unable to work from home or employees who are responsible for Transformation efforts. Extra days are capped at 10 days. Requests are initiated with the Bright Horizons call center.