time away contacts
explore time away options
learn about the disability management process
For absences that are subject to the Disability Management process, you’re responsible for ensuring you follow all steps in the reporting and return-to-work process, and that requested information is provided in a timely manner. If you don’t complete all required steps, you could be disqualified from being able to receive disability benefits, or you may not receive job protection for FMLA-related absences.
to report an absence
In general, you should follow the Disability Management process and contact Chevron's absence management partner for any absence that’s related to:
- Job protection under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and/or a state or local leave law
- Your own illness or injury that lasts for more than five scheduled consecutive workdays
- Caring for a seriously ill or injured qualifying family member
- The birth, placement or adoption of a child
- Military family leave
chevron's absence management partner
Contact Chevron's absence management partner when you need to report an absence as part of the Disability Management process, complete documentation required for your absence, or contact your dedicated case manager.
- Call the HR Service Center phone number at 1-888-825-5247 (1-832-854-5800 Outside U.S.)
- From the U.S.-payroll employee menu, listen for the option to report an absence or request time off
- If you’re unable to report an absence yourself, you may have a family member or friend do so on your behalf
- If you prefer to report an absence online, you may do so through LeavePro at chevron.myleaveproservice.com
if you need general information
chevron HR service center
Contact the Chevron HR Service Center (Choose the phone menu option for Benefits) for assistance with the following time away needs:
- Verify if you are currently enrolled in the Chevron Short-Term Disability Plan and the Chevron Long-Term Disability Plan.
- If you need to enroll in or stop Optional Coverage under the Chevron Long-Term Disability Plan.
- If you want to learn about how your other Chevron benefits are affected while you are on a leave.
- If you need to pay for Chevron benefit coverage through direct billing while on leave.
Contact Disability Management for general questions or concerns about an absence, leave, or about returning to work.
if you already reported your absence
If you have already reported your absence as part of the Disability Management process, here are key contacts for common needs while you're away from work:
- Continue to contact Chevron's absence management partner if you need to complete requested documentation, and to keep in touch with your dedicated case manager during your leave.
- Contact the Chevron HR Service Center if you need to manage your coverage under other Chevron benefits - such as medical or dental coverage - and if you are paying benefit premiums through direct billing while on leave.
- If you are eligible for COBRA continuation coverage on your leave, you should BenefitConnect COBRA to manage this coverage, including enrollment and COBRA premium payments.
- Contact Disability Management for general questions or concerns about an absence, leave, or about returning to work.
Here's where to get phone numbers and websites for all your benefits.
Looking for employment verification?