Here is what new employees located in the U.S. need to know and do.
Whether you're joining Chevron for the first time, or returning again, this is the place to start. You can enroll, complete forms, update personal information, use decision resources and learn more about Chevron benefits and programs for U.S.-payroll employees.
You will receive two enrollment packages by mail: one from the HR Service Center for your health, welfare and retirement benefits; and one from Fidelity for your retirement savings plan benefit. Depending on your situation, some of the information provided below may not apply to you. Be sure to review the Enrollment Worksheet included in your HR Service Center enrollment package for the specific benefits plans and programs that apply to you.
you only have 31 days to take action
view options and costs: enroll
Important 2018 plan updates: Your benefits package does not yet contain certain benefit updates for 2018. Be sure to learn about 2017 benefit changes prior to making your enrollment choices.
Important notice: If you have you been hired during the September through December months, you need to make elections for 2017 and 2018. Read these important instructions before you begin.
health, welfare and savings plan
Medical, dental, vision plus, flexible spending accounts, health spending account, disability, life and accident insurance, group critical illness insurance, group hospital indemnity insurance. Use the HR Service Center PIN mailed to you to enter the site for the first time.
401(k) savings plan
Employee Savings Investment Plan (ESIP). Learn more about the plan and enroll at Fidelity.
other benefits and programs
tools and resources
Save time and paper and update your personal information online. (Available from the Chevron intranet only.)
- Authorization for direct deposit. Go to Personal Information > Personal Profile > Bank Update.
- Federal tax withholding W-4. Go to Payment and Withholding > Federal and State Tax Withholding W-4.
- State tax withholding. Go to Payment and Withholding > Federal and State Tax Withholding W-4. Complete your state tax withholding online if you live in California, Louisiana and Mississippi. For all other states that require state withholding, you must complete the form provided in your enrollment package. Use the pre-addressed return envelope for Chevron Payroll Operations (San Ramon, CA) (E-2) to return your state form (if applicable).
- Electronic delivery of form W-2 wage and tax statement. To sign up for electronic delivery, read the W-2 Online Disclosure and follow the instructions.
- Choose delivery for your pay statements. View pay statements online, sign up for email delivery, or have a paper copy mailed to you. Go to Payment and Withholding > Pay Statement > then Delivery Method button.
- Update emergency contacts. Go to Personal Information > Personal Profile > Emergency Contacts.
- Update Chevron Employee Emergency Line (CEEL) website.
- Designate beneficiaries. You can complete beneficiary designations for most plans on the Benefits Connection website when you enroll. However, if you're eligible for and decide to participate in the BenefitWallet Health Savings Account (HSA), the Master Signature Card form in your Welcome Kit gives you the ability to designate a beneficiary for your HSA. You must mail in this card, even if you electronically provide your signature to open your HSA. If you're eligible for and decide to participate in the Group Critical Illness or Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance, you'll need to complete a separate paper beneficiary designation and return it to the address indicated on the form.
Chevron is committed to a safe workplace free from the use of drugs and alcohol. Our policies include random testing up to the limits allowed by federal, national, state, provincial or local law. Learn more on the Drug and Alcohol Compliance website.
This document is a collection of notices that Chevron is legally-required to provide to you as a new employee. Be sure to review these notices carefully as they explain your rights as an employee and a participant in Chevron's benefits. California employees will also receive this additional document with notices that are applicable to the state. Note that depending on your situation, some of the information and benefits included in this document may not apply to you because you are not an eligible employee. This document includes:
- Employee privacy notice
- Anti-sexual harassment memorandum
- Family and Medical Leave Act - Your rights and obligations
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 - Your rights after a mastectomy
- Notice of privacy practices for health care information (HIPAA)
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Notice of new health insurance marketplace coverage
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy memorandum
- Pay transparency statement