divorce or separation
had a recent change in life?
If you get married, have a baby, move or experience any other qualifying life event, you have 31 days to make changes to your benefits.
changing your benefits
You have 31 days from the date your marriage or domestic partnership ends to change your benefits.
- Login to the BenefitConnect website. Locate the Initiate a Qualified Life Event banner on the home page to get started..
- Or call the HR Service Center.
changing your address
Employees working at a U.S. work location:
Your former spouse may be entitled to a share of your Retirement Plan and Employee Savings Investment Plan benefits. The amount your former spouse may receive is determined by the Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) filed with the court. For more information, contact the HR Service Center.
U.S. non-immigrant visa holders
If you are a U.S. non-immigrant visa holder (such as H-1B, L-1, TN or E-3), refer to the Expatriate Resources website for important instructions about what you should do in the event of a divorce.
- Update your beneficiary designations for your Chevron benefit plans.
- Update emergency contact information (intranet access only).
- Update federal withholding (intranet access only).
- Update state withholding, if applicable (intranet access only).
- Update paycheck direct deposit bank account, if necessary (intranet access only).
- Update your direct deposit bank account for expense report reimbursements on the Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX) website (intranet access only).
- Change your BenefitConnect website password.
- Contact the HR Service Center if your name is changed.