divorce or separation

had a recent change in life?

If you get married, have a baby, move or experience any other qualifying life event, you have 31 days to make changes to your benefits.

changing your benefits

You have 31 days from the date your marriage or domestic partnership ends to change your benefits.

changing your address

Employees working at a U.S. work location: 

retirement plans

Your former spouse may be entitled to a share of your Retirement Plan and Employee Savings Investment Plan benefits. The amount your former spouse may receive is determined by the Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) filed with the court. For more information, contact the QDRO Processing Group at 1-800-870-1361.

U.S. non-immigrant visa holders

If you are a U.S. non-immigrant visa holder (such as H-1B, L-1, TN or E-3), refer to the Expatriate Resources website for important instructions about what you should do in the event of a divorce.

other considerations

  1. Update your beneficiary designations for your Chevron benefit plans. Login to the Benefits Connection website and choose the Personal Information tab at the top of the screen. If you don't have Internet access, call the HR Service Center.
  2. Update emergency contact information.
  3. Update federal withholding.
  4. Update state withholding, if applicable.
  5. Update paycheck direct deposit bank account, if necessary.
  6. Update your direct deposit bank account for expense report reimbursements on the Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX) website.
  7. Change your Benefits Connection website PIN number.
  8. Contact the HR Service Center if your name is changed.