open enrollment for 2018 benefits has passed
Enrollment for 2019 benefits will occur later this year, in October 2018.
Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your benefit options for the coming year. During open enrollment you can decide to keep the coverage you currently have or make changes, such as switching to another medical plan option (if available), or adding a dependent to your coverage. If you miss the open enrollment deadline, you generally can’t make any changes until the next open enrollment period.
2018 U.S. benefit changes
The open enrollment newsletter describes benefit changes effective January 1, 2018.
view your 2018 coverage
You can view your 2018 coverage on the Benefits Connection website or by calling the HR Service Center.
Call the Chevron HR Service Center
- 1-888-825-5247 (From inside or outside the U.S.)
- 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time (8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time)
- Monday through Friday (except on holidays).
reduce your medical premium with the wellness credit
You need your personal identification number (PIN) to enroll, your use status, make changes to your coverage, or even just review the benefits you have. If you access Benefits Connection – the enrollment website - from the Chevron network, you can use the automatic sign-in feature and you don’t need a PIN. But if you know you'll be outside the Chevron network or need to phone in your elections, take your PIN with you.
forgot your password?
If you are not connected to the Chevron intranet or this is your first time to use Benefits Connection, automatic sign-in is not available. Please login with your password PIN. If you don't know your PIN or can't find it, you can request a new one in two ways:
- Online. Go to the Benefits Connection login screen and choose Forgot Your PIN. If you've set up challenge questions, you will be able to access the website instantly after successfully answering the questions. Otherwise you'll have to use the mail option. It can take up to two weeks to have a new PIN mailed to you.
- By phone. Call the HR Service Center. When prompted to enter your PIN, hold on the line until the system provides you with other options regarding your access. You can request that a new PIN be mailed to you. It can take up to two weeks to receive your PIN in the mail.
Please note: This page applies to U.S.-payroll employees. This page provides only certain highlights of benefits or program provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and legal plan documents, the legal documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. This is not a plan text or a summary plan description. There are no vested rights with respect to Chevron health care plans or any company contributions toward the cost of such health care plans. Rather, Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union represented employees.