change your address
If you moved outside the area covered by your Medical or Dental HMO plan, you have 31 days to report your address change and update your benefits.
Employees working at a U.S. work location:
- Contact your expatriate assignee counselor. If you don't know the name of your counselor, look it up on the Expatriate Resources website (intranet access only). Choose the Expatriate Counselor Finder link on the right navigation.
- The change will be sent to the HR Service Center and other benefit plan administrators as appropriate. It can take from seven to 10 days for the change to take effect.
U.S. non-immigrant visa holders
If you are a U.S. non-immigrant visa holder (such as H-1B, L-1, TN or E-3), refer to the Expatriate Resources website (intranet access only) for important instructions about what you should do in the event you move.
changing your benefits
Changing your home address may prompt a change to your benefits - especially if you moved outside the area covered by your medical or dental plan - so it's important to report your address change right away. You have 31 days from the date you moved to make a change to your benefits, if required. If your Chevron medical plan administrator changes as a result of your move, be sure to call the HR Service Center to request that deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses you already paid during the current plan year be transitioned to your new claims administrator.
- Update paycheck direct deposit bank account, if you changed banks (intranet access only).
- Update your direct deposit bank account for expense report reimbursements on the Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX) website (intranet access only).
- Update state withholding, if you’ve moved to a new state that has state withholding.
If you've moved at the request of the company, be sure to follow the guidelines on the Relocation Program to receive the maximum benefits.
If you are going on an expatriate assignment or are repatriating to the U.S., you should also consult the Expatriate Resources website (intranet access only).