marriage or domestic partnership
change your benefits
You have 31 days from the date of your marriage or domestic partnership to change your benefits.
changing your benefits
You have 31 days from the date of your marriage or domestic partnership to change your benefits. If you miss this deadline, you must wait until the next annual open enrollment period.
Employees are required to verify the eligibility of any new dependents you intend to enroll in your Chevron health plans. If you enroll your dependent(s) in health coverage during your 31-day deadline, you have up to 60 days to obtain and submit requested documentation that verifies your dependent(s) are eligible to participate in Chevron’s health benefits. If you don’t provide acceptable documentation by the deadline, your dependent(s) will be disenrolled from coverage. Dependent verification will be required if you enroll dependent(s) in any of the following health benefits:
- Vision Plus Program
After you submit your documentation, a statement confirming your dependent’s eligibility to participate will be sent to you.
- If additional information is required, you’ll be notified.
- If your dependent is not eligible to participate, the dependent will be disenrolled from the plan at the end of the month in which you receive notification.
- If the 60-day deadline to submit the documentation expires and the HR Service Center has received no documentation or insufficient documentation, then the dependent will be disenrolled from the plan at the end of the month in which the 60-day deadline occurs.
If your dependent is disenrolled from coverage, you are still allowed to re-enroll your dependent(s) again at the next open enrollment period or with 31-days of a qualifying life event, but you’ll be required to follow the dependent verification process again at that time.
For more information:
- Get important details and instructions about the dependent verification process.
- Preview the list of Acceptable Proof Documentation.
- The Chevron Affidavit of Domestic Partnership will be automatically available on your Dependent Verification document upload screen on the BenefitConnect website if you are reporting a new domestic partnership. You can also call the HR Service Center to request a copy.
- Update your beneficiary designations for your Chevron benefit plans.
- Update emergency contact information.
- Update federal withholding (intranet access only).
- Update state withholding, if applicable (intranet access only).
- Update paycheck direct deposit bank account, if necessary (intranet access only).
- Update your direct deposit bank account for expense report reimbursements on the Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX) website (intranet access only).
- Contact the HR Service Center if your name is changed.
U.S. non-immigrant visa holders
If you are a U.S. non-immigrant visa holder (such as H-1B, L-1, TN or E-3), refer to the Expatriate Resources website for important instructions about what you should do in the event you get married.