long-term care coverage
Long term care insurance is designed to help you pay for long-term care services received at home or in a nursing facility in the event you or a family member can no longer perform everyday activities such as eating, bathing, toileting or dressing. The need for long-term care can happen at any time and at any age as the result of an unexpected illness or accident. The costs of these types of services are expensive and often can exhaust financial savings.
Genworth Life Insurance Company ("Genworth Life") has been selected to offer new long-term care insurance coverage under the Chevron Corporation Long-Term Insurance Plan to qualifying eligible employees, retirees and qualifying eligible family members.
how to enroll
You can enroll at any time. You can also enroll your extended family, like a spouse, parents and siblings. You and any others you enroll will be required to provide proof of good health. If you would like to elect long-term care coverage with Genworth Life, you must submit an enrollment application. You can get a quote or begin the enrollment process online or by phone:
- Genworth Life website
who can enroll
Retirees and other family members may apply up to age 80. Eligible family members include:
- Spouses and domestic partners of eligible employees and retirees
- Parents (including in-laws) of eligible employees and retirees
- Step-parents (including in-laws) of eligible employees and retirees
- Grandparents (including in-laws) of eligible employees and retirees
- Step-grandparents (including in-laws) of eligible employees and retirees
- Siblings of eligible employees and retirees
- Adult children of eligible employees and retirees
All eligible persons must maintain a permanent U.S. residence, and have an active U.S. Social Security or tax identification number. Spouse includes a person to whom you are joined by marriage or a legal relationship recognized by state law.