grief counseling services
Whether it’s coping with a loss or major life change, grief counseling services can support you and your family in moving forward. You have access to professional counselors and services.
If you’re eligible for the Chevron Basic Life Insurance Plan, you and your family members have access to grief counseling services through LifeWorks1. This service is part of MetLife’s standard life insurance offering and is available at no additional cost to you.
confidential support 24/7
Counseling sessions are tailored to you and your individual needs. You can meet in-person or over the phone with one of LifeWorks’ network of licensed counselors.
online self-help resources
LifeWorks offers resources to help you through the grieving process, giving the level of support you need at your own pace. Support covers:
- End-of-life issues
- What to do after the death of a loved one
- Grieving well and getting better
- Funeral and memorial planning
- Adult care for surviving elders
- Single parenting
confidential legal and financial consultation
- 30-minute consultation with a LifeWorks in-house attorney who can assist with making informed decisions as it pertains to a loss.
- One-hour consultation with a certified financial planner to assist with education, strategies and options.
grief counseling service
- Eligibility U.S. Payroll Employees
- Program Administrator LifeWorks
- Phone 1-888-319-7819
- Website metlifegc.lifeworks.com | username: metlifeassist | password: support
- Mobile App N/A
- Email N/A
1 Services are provided through an agreement with LifeWorks US Inc. LifeWorks is not an affiliate of MetLife, and the services LifeWorks provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife. LifeWorks has a nationwide network of over 30,000 counselors. Counselors have master’s or doctoral degrees and are licensed professionals. The grief counseling program does not provide support for issues such as: domestic issues, parenting issues, or marital/relationship issues (other than a finalized divorce). This program is available to insureds, their dependents and beneficiaries who have received a serious medical diagnosis or suffered a loss. Events that may result in a loss are not covered under this program unless and until such loss has occurred. Services are not available in all jurisdictions and are subject to regulatory approval. Not available on all policy forms.