When you take small steps and make healthy everyday choices, you’re choosing health. If you've been thinking about exercising more, losing weight or eating healthier this year, then here's your chance to get help committing to those goals, one small change at a time. There are Chevron resources that can help you choose health, and why not get points toward health rewards while you’re at it?
Current Health Rewards Available
The current rewards period starts January 1, 2016. All requirements must be completed by October 28, 2016. For 2016 a health reward is a $250 Wellness Credit added to your Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) on January 1, 2017.*
*Note: If you are enrolled in the Chevron High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), the Wellness Credit will be deposited into a Limited Purpose Health Care Spending Account (LHCSA) on January 1, 2017. The LHCSA may be used to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses only.
If you have a health condition and don't think you can meet a standard for qualifying for the health rewards, you might be eligible for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find alternative activities that are right for you in light of your health status.
Help Protect the Health of Someone in Need.
For the first 2,500 health questionnaires completed between January 1 and March 31, 2016, Chevron will donate a health screening to a center that provides free screenings in the community.
Complete Activities. Earn 250 Points.
Each time you complete one of the qualifying activities listed below, you'll earn points. Accumulate 250 points by October 28, 2016 for health rewards. Some activities require advance scheduling and time to complete, so be sure to allow time to accumulate the points before the deadline. Points do not roll over from year to year. Expand the categories below to learn about, start and report completed activities.
Go to rewards lobby
When you take (or update) the voluntary health questionnaire, you'll automatically receive points. In the questionnaire you will be asked to provide certain health-related numbers, learn about resources to help you get your numbers.
- Take it now.
- 25 POINTS. If this is your first time to complete the questionnaire. If you did not complete the voluntary health questionnaire in 2015, then you'll automatically receive points for completion of this activity.
- 50 POINTS. If you took the questionnaire in 2015 and update it in 2016. If you completed the voluntary health questionnaire in 2015, view your results and update your health questionnaire throughout the year (January 1, 2016 to October 28, 2016) to receive points. To update your health questionnaire, login to the WebMD website and follow the prompts.
You can work with a health coach to earn points toward health rewards. To work on a health goal of your choice, schedule an appointment with a WebMD health coach, or call at any time. While you can speak to a coach as many times as you like; the maximum number of points you're eligible to receive is 100 POINTS for this activity. Each time you complete a coaching call, your coach will apply your points to the Rewards page on the WebMD website within 24 hours.
This activity requires advanced planning and scheduling to complete. If you intend to complete more than one coaching session, please start this activity months in advance of the final deadline.
Actions You Can Take to Earn Up to 100 Points
- 20 POINTS PER CALL. Work with a Health Coach.
Work with a WebMD health coach and receive 20 points per coaching call you complete between January 1, 2016 and October 28, 2016. Your coach will work with you to determine your health goal(s) and discuss how many coaching sessions they recommend. You can also reach out to a coach at any time. Please note that you must complete (or update) the voluntary health questionnaire in 2016 to participate in this coaching.
- 20 POINTS PER CALL. Work with a Weight Management Program Health Coach.
Work with a WebMD Weight Management Program Health Coach and receive 20 points per coaching call you complete between January 1, 2016 and October 28, 2016. This is similar to the standard health coach, but with specialized assistance to work toward a healthy BMI value. Please note that you must complete (or update) the voluntary health questionnaire in 2016 to participate, but this specialty coaching is not available to all participants. If you report a BMI value of 35 or above when you take the voluntary health questionnaire, you will be eligible for this specialty coaching.
Note: Tobacco Cessation Specialty Coaching sessions do not qualify for points toward health rewards. Tobacco Cessation Coaching is a requirement for employees that certified their 2016 tobacco use status as Tobacco User, But Commit to Coaching. Learn more about tobacco use status and the 2016 tobacco surcharge.
- 25 POINTS. Participate in a Local Health Event or Program. Participate in a local health event or program to earn points. For example you could participate in an onsite health screening, clinic, health fair, or Chevron Fitness Center challenge. Check your local website or read local communications for event and program announcements as they become available. To receive points, you will need to report completion of this activity in the WebMD reward system. Go to the Rewards page on the WebMD website. Choose this activity. Click the I Did This button to begin.
- 50 POINTS. Participate in a Chevron Physical Activity Challenge. To receive points, you will be required to participate in a Chevron Physical Activity Challenge during the dates of the challenge and meet the specified goals. A Chevron Physical Activity Challenge is not yet open, but watch for communications about a challenge opportunity later this year. If you qualify for points, your points will appear on the Rewards page on the WebMD website approximately two weeks after the challenge concludes.
The My Health Assistant is like a digital health coach in your pocket. This interactive online tool allows you to create personalized weekly plans to help keep you motivated. You can customize your plan by liking or disliking activities from a broad range of choices. You can even set up text messaging alerts as reminders to achieve and track your health goals.
To get started, go to the Rewards page on the WebMD website. Choose this activity under Use My Health Assistant to Create and Work Toward a Healthy Goal. Choose a goal and click the Do It button to begin.
- 30 POINTS. Create a Goal to Stress Less (Opens April 1). Manage your stress levels. This is a 4-week goal that requires you to use the Stress Tracker to record a low level of stress on at least 21 out of 28 days. This activity is only open from April 1 to October 28, 2016. Be sure to create your goal during this time to receive points for this activity.
- 30 POINTS. Create a Goal to Feel Happier (Opens June 1). Engage in pleasant activities to maintain a positive mood. This is a 4 week goal that requires you to use the Mood Tracker or Mood Monitor on the Check In page to record a "Happy" or "Okay" mood on 21 of 28 days. This activity is only open from June 1 to October 28, 2016. Be sure to create your goal during this time to receive points for this activity
- 30 POINTS. Create a Goal to Eat Better (Opens June 1). This is a 4-week goal that requires you to record “on track” nutrition on the Check-In page for a minimum of 21 out of 28 days. This activity is only open from June 1 to October 28, 2016. Be sure to create your goal during this time to receive points for this activity.
- 30 POINTS. Create a Goal to Exercise (Opens August 1). This is a 4-week goal that encourages you to track your daily exercise activities. Record at least 20 minutes of exercise for 9 out of 28 days in order to meet this goal. This activity is only open from August 1 to October 28, 2016. Be sure to create your goal during this time to receive points for this activity.
Your numbers provide a snapshot of your overall health and can help identify the warning signs of many serious illnesses. Use a Health Tracker to chart your health measurements as you practice healthy behaviors. Data entered on this website is handled in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy requirements.
Each time you enter your numbers for your weight, food choices and exercise, you'll receive 1 POINT. You can view the trackers at any time and use as many of the trackers as you like, but you will receive a maximum of 1 POINT PER DAY for a total of 150 POINTS across all the available trackers you use.
To get started, go to the Rewards page on the WebMD website. Choose this activity under Use a Health Tracker to Chart Your Healthy Behaviors. Choose a goal and click the Do It button to begin. Alternatively, you can also access the trackers from the top navigation bar on the WebMD website by clicking the Healthy Living tab, then Health Trackers.
Actions to Earn a Maximum of 1 Point Per Day Up to Total of 150 Points
- Track Your Daily Exercise. Get your daily exercise and record your information in the Exercise Tracker to earn points. Learn about exercise, then record your information.
- Track Your Healthy Diet Goals. Monitor your eating goals to measure your food choice habits in the Diet Tracker to earn points. Learn about the importance of maintaining a healthy diet, then record your information
- Track Your Weight. Get your weight measured and record the value in the Weight Tracker to earn points. Learn about the importance of a healthy weight, then record your information. Note: If you take the voluntary health questionnaire you will be prompted to enter your weight. If you entered a value, you will see one point automatically applied here.