frequently asked questions
read about it
Cardiovascular disease is one of the greatest health risks within our global workforce. Helping employees to recognize and reduce their individual risk factors for the disease can have a long-term positive effect on our employees, our business, and our health care costs. This program focuses on heart health, but provides additional resources to help you work toward improving overall health and wellness.
The Healthy Heart website is a resource available to employees who are eligible to participate in the Healthy Heart program. The site is managed by WebMD, one of the leading sources of health information. It contains the health questionnaire and a variety of tools that can be customized to your individual needs. The Healthy Heart website was designed to give users a customized experience based on their personal health profiles. Each time you log in to the secure and confidential site, you'll see a homepage that suggests actions and content specifically for you. The more often your use the website, the more personalized your experience becomes. The site is located through hr2.chevron.com/heart.
The Healthy Heart website gives you access to most of the standard WebMD.com tools, but adds unique resources such as the health questionnaire, the interactive My Health Assistant and Health Topics, which are not available on the public site. You can also start a Personal Health Record to house all your important information in one place, schedule time with your telephonic health coach, and qualify for rewards and challenges created for Chevron employees. The Healthy Heart website is sponsored by Chevron for Chevron employees, so you'll never see the advertisements that appear on WebMD.com.
The Healthy Heart program supplements your regular examinations and provides additional perspective about your health. It does not replace regular visits to your health care provider and it's recommended that you share the results of your health questionnaire with your own regular health care provider.
Go to hr2.chevron.com/heart, at work or at home. Then follow the instructions on the screen to access the website and register for the first time.
- If you are an employee connected to the Chevron intranet using a GIL workstation or Chevron remote access, you can use the automatic sign-in feature.
- If you are not connected to the Chevron intranet, you will be prompted to register with your CAI and your HR GUID. Please note that you can only find your HR GUID on WhitePages while you're connected to the Chevron intranet. If you plan to register on the site from home, be sure to locate your HR GUID using these instructions and record the number for use later.
Health rewards are Chevron’s way of recognizing your personal commitment to get and stay healthy. Health rewards vary from year to year. Visit Health Rewards for information about the current offering. On the WebMD Healthy Heart website, you can manage your wellness activities which are a qualification requirement for heath rewards.
To get the most accurate results possible, you should come prepared with important health information - your numbers - including:
- Blood pressure level
- Blood sugar level (can be fasting or non-fasting)
- Cholesterol and triglyceride values
You do not need your numbers to take the health questionnaire or participate in the program, but you'll receive better results if you do. If you don't know all your numbers, you can still take the health questionnaire and provide the information you have available. Once you have your numbers, you can update your health questionnaire. Here are some ways you can get your numbers.
health coaching (by phone)
Only you, WebMD, Chevron health care plans, and certain third party health care plan vendors will have access to your individual health questionnaire results. Individually identifiable data will only be disclosed in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended ("HIPAA"). Chevron has authorized WebMD to contact employees to invite them to use the website's tools and resources. You can opt out of WebMD communications if you choose.
- Unless permitted by HIPAA, specifically authorized by you, or legally required, WebMD will not release any data in which individuals can be personally identified. As indicated above, Chevron health care plans and certain third party health care plan vendors may have access to your individual health questionnaire results.
- WebMD does analyze data and produce reports for client organizations, but only using data collected from large populations of users. Such aggregate data cannot be used to identify any individuals. Clients use aggregate data to better understand the needs of their organization and design appropriate health improvement programs to meet those needs.
- WebMD helped create the Hi-Ethics Principles as a founding member of the Hi-Ethics alliance. They are committed to helping consumers improve their health and the health of their families. WebMD has received e-Health accreditation and privacy seal awards from URAC (formerly the American Accreditation HealthCare Commission), TRUSTe and HON for high quality standards and privacy practices.
Disease history and biometric information (such as height and weight) are needed to accurately classify a participant as higher, medium or lower risk and develop a personalized plan to assist them with improving their health. Certain personal information, like your address, is needed so WebMD can ship materials to you if you request them.
Please note: This page applies to U.S.-payroll employees. This page provides only certain highlights of benefits or program provisions. It is not intended to be a complete explanation. If there are any discrepancies between this communication and legal plan documents, the legal documents will prevail to the extent permitted by law. This is not a plan text or a summary plan description. There are no vested rights with respect to Chevron health care plans or any company contributions toward the cost of such health care plans. Rather, Chevron Corporation reserves all rights, for any reason and at any time, to amend, change or terminate these plans or to change or eliminate the company contribution toward the cost of such plans. Such amendments, changes, terminations or eliminations may be applicable without regard to whether someone previously terminated employment with Chevron or previously was subject to a grandfathering provision. Some benefit plans and policies described in this document may be subject to collective bargaining and, therefore, may not apply to union represented employees.