Did You Receive a MasterCard® From UnitedHealthcare?

February 2010
U.S.-Payroll Employees

If you received a UnitedHealthcare (UHC) consumer accounts MasterCard® recently, then that means you're enrolled in one of Chevron's flexible spending account options for 2010 - the Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) or the Dependent Day Care Spending Account (DCSA). You may have made an election to participate during open enrollment last fall. In addition, you were automatically enrolled in the HCSA and received a $100 credit to your account if you completed the Cardiovascular Risk Assessment (CRA Plus) by the October 30, 2009 deadline.

You should have received your UHC FSA consumer account cards by now. If you have not received your FSA cards, contact UHC at 1-800-654-0079.

Keep in mind these key points about using your cards. See the resources listed below for more information.

  • You have to activate your card by calling the toll free number on the activation sticker and signing the back of the cards. You cannot use your card until it's activated.
  • You do not need a PIN to use your card.
  • You can only use the card to pay for eligible health and dependent care expenses, up to your account balance.
  • You can only use your card at merchants that accept MasterCard® and are on the IIAS merchant list.
  • You can only use the cards inside the U.S. If you incur expenses outside the U.S., you'll need to submit a claim form for your non-U.S. expenses.

I'm enrolled. Now what?

If you're enrolled one of the flexible spending account options, you might be wondering how to use your account, especially if this is your first time to participate. Check out the resources listed below to help you understand and use your benefit.

Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan Resources
UnitedHealthcare (UHC)
UnitedHealthcare is the claims administrator for both HCSA and DCSA accounts. You can check claims and account balance online on myUHC.com or you can call UHC if you have questions about your accounts.
Making the Most of Your FSA This 7 minute online presentation is an introduction to how an FSA works, and it's especially useful if this is your first time to participate in an HCSA or DCSA. (Animated, but no sound.)
Is this an eligible expense? Not sure if a HCSA or DCSA expense is eligible for reimbursement? Then review these lists from UHC. (You'll be directed to the UHC Chevron member site.)
IIAS Merchants Many merchants will accept your UHC consumer account card to pay for eligible expenses, but if you need to find a merchant, click the IIAS Merchant List link on the left navigation of their Web site.
FAQs - Consumer Account Card (UHC) Frequently asked questions about using your UHC MasterCard consumer accounts card to pay for eligible health or dependent care expenses.
FAQs - Over-the-Counter Drugs (UHC) Did you know some over-the-counter drugs are an eligible expense under the HCSA? These FAQs will help you understand what's eligible and what's not. (You'll be directed to the UHC Chevron member site.)
Claim Form Use this FSA claim form if you need to submit a paper claim for your HCSA or DCSA expenses. If you use your consumer account MasterCard® to pay for an expense, you don't need to file a paper claim.