know your cost
planning for your 2018 health expenses
Reviewing monthly premium costs and annual deductible amounts are an important first step when comparing your medical plan choices for 2018. But it’s also important to understand your typical health expenses to get a more complete picture of your health care needs.
the know your cost tool can help
Know Your Cost, powered by Castlight, is your personalized healthcare assistant. This tool is available to current Medical PPO, High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), and HDHP Basic participants when you log in to the Anthem website. Consider using the tool in preparation for open enrollment to help you:
see how much you spent in 2017
Review your medical claims to date. Knowing how much you spent in 2017 can help you make benefit decisions for 2018.
stay ahead of your 2018 expenses
Use the tool to compare procedure cost estimates for doctors and hospitals in the Anthem network.
understand how your current plan works
Review your current plan phase, see past bills in an easy-to-read format, and learn about tips for saving money on health care.
how to get started
- Go to anthem.com/ca and log in.
- If this is your first time to access the Anthem website, you must register first. You’ll need some of the information from your ID card to do this step.
- Click Know Your Cost from the home page.
- You can find a link on the top or right-side navigation bars.
- Answer basic questions to link your account.
- The first time you access the Castlight Know Your Cost tool, you’ll need to answer some basic questions to confirm your account. You won’t need to do this step on subsequent visits.